Adventure Sports Tourism
Stunning rivers & awe-inspiring mountains make Uttarakhand a perfect adventure destination.
From rafting to bungee jumping & from trekking to camping, Uttarakhand can offer a dream holiday to all adventure lovers. Being near the mighty Himalayas and the sacred river Ganga allows the tourists to enjoy every adventure they wish for. The state tourism personnel are working towards ensuring that adventure sports tourism is developed to its full potential.
Here’s a list of activities you can enjoy when seeking some thrill at Uttarakhand
- River Rafting in Rishikesh: If you are enjoying a Rishikesh trip or a trip to Devprayag or Rudraprayag, you can’t miss the ecstasy of river rafting. The waters of the mighty Ganga, Alkananda, Mandakhini and Yamuna make river rafting a delighting experience that cannot be missed.
- Camping in Rishikesh: When you have had enough adventure during the day, unwind yourself in the lap of nature by camping in the open. You can enjoy the beautiful sceneries, cook food in the open, relax your mind and body in the quiet of the night and prepare yourself for more adventure.
- Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh: Bungee Jumping is a popular one among Rishikesh adventure sports. Diving from an altitude of 120 or 160 feet may make you breathless for a second but the experience would be worth it. You can even click pictures while jumping and get a dare to jump certificate to share this heady experience with others.
- Skiing in Auli: If you are a fan of skiing then head to Auli, Munsiyari, Mundali or Dayara Bugyal as these places have some of the best skiing slopes. Here a newbie can learn skiing or an experienced person can prove his worth by participating in competitive tournaments.
- Trekking and Mountaineering: People who are into trekking and mountaineering can hardly find places better than the glaciers named Bunder Puunch, Gangotri, Pindari and Muilam. They can also explore the high peaks like Trishul et al and Nandadevi.
- Tehri lake water sports: Tehri lake is a scenic marvel that would allow you to see nature at its best. You can enjoy multiple water sports activities here. The list includes but is not limited to Angling, Boating, Jet Skiing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Speed Boating, House Boating, Cruise Boating, Rowing and Scuba Diving, Etc.
- ParaGliding: Ever thought of being a bird? Paragliding at Bedni Bugyal, Dhanaulti Ridge, Mussourie, Naukuchiatal and Pithoragargh can make you feel like a bird. The view of snow capped mountains and amazing valleys will enchant you while you are in the air.
- Cliff Jumping: When trying the best of Rishikesh adventure, you cannot miss the high you get by jumping from a height of 35 feet. The experience may give you goosebumps for some days but the rush you get while jumping would be a lifetime memory.
- Rappelling: If you have the guts to try rappelling while seeking adventure in Rishikesh, you will never regret it. The art of moving vertically on a cliff or slope by just using a rope and some basic safety equipment is a challenge only a few have the heart to try.
- Kayaking: No matter whether you are a beginner or a pro, Kayaking in the Ganga water is an experience you can’t afford to miss. The instructors will tell you how to control a boat on the still water or they can let you surf through the currents of water. Make sure you explore this aspect of Rishikesh tourism at least once in a lifetime.